We are looking for a coordinator for the Écho de Cantley. This is a part-time job requiring between 20 to 30 hours per month. Fixed price contract for six months—renewable. You must be over 18 years old and have internet access.
The newspaper will provide you with a laptop computer.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, and bilingualism is an asset.
During the production period, the coordinator is the key person who ensures communication between all team members. His/her main task is to follow up on all articles that are published each month, from reception to layout, editing and translation.
The coordinator has an email box dedicated to the production of the newspaper (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The main tasks are:
1) Record and track all content emailed to the newspaper in a tracking sheet (articles, communiqués, photos, etc.)
2) If necessary, forward the document to a volunteer for translation.
3) Forward the documents (bilingual version) to a volunteer for correction.
4) Forward the corrected version for final review to appropriate editor.
5) Record the transmission of the final document to the graphic designer.
If you are interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to Tresorier@echocantley.ca by August 15, 2022.